Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Attaingnant Semester | Semestre Attaingnant

The new semester classes began last week. I’m extremely happy because I’ve felt that I reached a new degree of difficulty. In the lute classes I have a new challenge between hands: to play “Tant que Vivray” by Claudin de Sermisy, printed and arranged by Pierre Attaingnant, a music that I love and that I always considered an important step in learning to play the lute. At the end of the semester I’ll have to test my calm and control of emotions to try to present the music in a satisfactory manner.
In the Early Music band, we will present Gaillardes and Pavanas also by Pierre Attaingnant, arranged for four lutes. Attaingnant was the first person to use printing to compile music of several contemporary composers and french folk songs.
I’m also attending History of Music classes, which are a wonderful complement to all this path in Early Music. I feel that at the end of the year I will have made a big leap.

(português)
As aulas do novo semestre começaram na semana passada. Estou extremamente feliz porque senti ter chegado a um novo grau de dificuldade. Nas aulas de alaúde tenho um novo desafio entre mãos: tocar o “Tant que Vivray” de Claudin de Sermisy, impresso e arranjado por Pierre Attaingnant, uma música que adoro e que sempre considerei um passo importante na aprendizagem do alaúde. No final do semestre terei de testar o controlo das minhas emoções e da calma para tentar apresentar a música de uma forma satisfatória.
Na banda Antiga, vamos apresentar Gaillardes e Pavanas também de Pierre Attaingnant, arranjadas para quatro alaúdes. Attaingnant foi a primeira pessoa a usar a impressão para compilar música de vários compositores contemporâneos e música popular francesa.
Também estou a freqüentar aulas de história da música, que está a ser um complemento maravilhoso a todo este caminho na Música Antiga. Sinto que no final do ano vou ter dado um salto grande.

No comments:

Post a Comment