Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A motet for new friends | Um moteto para novos amigos

This week, while I decide the contents of my graduation recital and start rehearsing the Vivaldi trios to perform in the middle of the semester, I want to homage some new friends with a post a little different than usual. Last week I traveled to a place literally out of this world, where my consciousness was expanded and I learned new practices more conscious about the environment, myself and others around me, about happiness and fulfillment, and also the sustainability of human beings in the future of the planet.
In moments of meditation, I used to hear the waves come together with my own breathing, but during this week some of my silences were trips by the sound of the "Spem in Alium" motet by Thomas Tallis. Now here, back to my musical life when I hear this song I remember the starry sky and the silents lightnings across all the horizon of that heaven.
I dedicate this post and this divine music to them. Thanks for existing. Pax Vobiscum.
Luís


Spem in Alium - Thomas Tallis - 8 choirs (40 voices) 8 coros (40 vozes)

(Português)
Esta semana, enquanto decido o conteúdo do meu recital de formatura e inicio os ensaios para apresentar os trios de Vivaldi no meio do semestre, gostaria de homenagear alguns novos amigos com um post um pouco diferente do habitual. Na semana passada viajei para um local literalmente fora deste mundo, onde expandi a minha consciência e aprendi novas práticas mais conscientes com o ambiente, comigo e com os outros à minha volta, com a felicidade e plenitude, e também com a sustentabilidade do ser humano no futuro do Planeta.
Em momentos de meditação, costumava ouvir as ondas do mar chegarem junto da minha própria respiração, mas durante essa semana alguns dos meus silêncios foram viagens ao som do moteto “Spem in Alium” de Thomas Tallis. Agora aqui, de volta à minha vida musical, quando eu ouço esta música lembro do céu estrelado e dos relâmpagos silenciosos por todo o horizonte desse Paraíso.
Dedico este post e esta música divina a eles. Obrigado por existirem. Pax Vobiscum.
Luís

1 comment: